From Violet Blue:
Seriously, I've had enough reporters ask me, freaked out, why Facebook is recommending their protected sources. Suck it up & stop using it.
Speculation on the cause includes address book uploads and matching timestamp + phone GPS location,
- Facebook recommends a co-worker with no apparent connections
- Facebook recommends my dad -- when I'm using a fake name
- Facebook recommends an organization that spammed my email account
- Facebook gives me its French version after I read Le Monde
- Facebook recommends pages for interests that I removed from my personal information
- Facebook recommends my dad -- when he's using a fake name
- Facebook recommends an old school acquaintance shortly after her account got hijacked by spammers
- Facebook recommends a website that I was reading the night before
- Facebook might be recording words spoken near your cell phone
- Facebook recommends a different old school acquaintance.