From The Daily Beast:
More than 50 intelligence analysts working out of the U.S. military's Central Command have formally complained that their reports on ISIS and al Qaeda’s branch in Syria were being inappropriately altered by senior officials ...
... the complaint also goes beyond alleged altering of reports and accuses some senior leaders at CENTCOM of creating an unprofessional work environment. One person who knows the contents of the written complaint sent to the inspector general said it used the word “Stalinist” to describe the tone set by officials overseeing CENTCOM’s analysis. Many described a climate in which analysts felt they could not give a candid assessment of the situation in Iraq and Syria ...
Some of those who complained were urged to retire, one official familiar with the report told The Daily Beast. Some agreed to leave.
Someone calling themselves "BillCaseyHoneyPot" and "the rodeo clown" made some comments to the Washington Post about alleged past covert operations, the Washington Post scrubbed the comments, Cryptome republished them, and Network Solutions blocked access to Cryptome (likely a coincidence -- see note at bottom of this post). Copies of the comments are held at SkidPaste and Archive.today. The comments look like the ramblings of a total crank and touch on several subjects:
- A DARPA data harvesting project called GROVER that was capable of recreating the Washington Post's internal database in 2005
- A satellite called Big Bird that could read the label off a golf ball from orbit
- A satellite called SK-91 that orbits three times a day
- A key: E4A966FF04DD296A41F5AAD497C64494 that should "scare the hell out of the CIA"
- A 3/4 inch "Helms tape" that, if it were released publicly, would put Henry Kissinger and Porter Goss on death row, implicate Donald Rumsfeld and Richard Cheney, and collapse the US dollar and make everyone go over to LlamaCoin, a cryptocurrency for people who don't think Dogecoin sounds dorky enough
- Porter Goss "should be very grateful" that someone named Roman "is controlled"
- Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid, who he claims the NSA is making no effort to track
- "Kabul - Kazakhstan - Unocal - Bearden - NORTH"
- "16 people shot" in Balochistan after Timothy L. Towell is dispatched there by Hillary Clinton, possibly a reference to an incident in 2010
- Towell drugging a man and tying him to a bed in Uruguay.
There is no evidence online that this ever happened.[Edit Mar 2] The location was Paraguay, and Towell was charged with rape.
- The assassination of Northern Alliance commander Ahmad Shah Massoud. He claims the CIA did it and that he has a full trail of documentation.
About the author:
- He claims to have participated in talks by the Helmand Valley with North (Oliver?), Casey (Bill?), and Bush (George Sr?).
- He claims to have enrolled at a university in Pennsylvania at 12 years old in 1973, which should make it easy to identify him.
- He he claims to have taken the Helms tape in his first year at university.
- He doesn't know how to use Youtube or else that tape would be online already.
- He claims to have "taken everything from Loftus's computer", a possible reference to CIA historian John Loftus [Edit March 4] whose book he recommends. He is also a fan of Bodansky and avacados.
- He claims that the Department of Justice is tracking him for talking to Edward Snowden.
It's possible that this is a real spook going senile or drunkposting, but it has a very crankish feeling to it.
Llamacoin is a nearly blank webpage with the text "You may also know Llamacoin by the name of TurtleCalabrese Coin." About which no, you may not have because no one else on the web has ever mentioned TurtleCalabrese Coin or any variation of Turtle Calabrese. There is another Llamacoin related to an Andres Abad in South America, but this seems to be a different person.
The takedown of Cryptome may be a coincidence. Reading between the lines of their twitter account, it looks like they were hosting the full-length movie Citizen Four and ate too much bandwidth for their shared hosting plan. The Internet Archive has also deleted a copy of the movie that they were hosting.
( Updates cut for space )
Here's a big long blog post about Benghazi. The theory goes that Qatar was arming ISIS with US/NATO weaponry, UAE and Saudi families put up the money, US managed the logistics, and it was run under NATO's authority to get around the DoD. Take it with all the grains of salt in the Morton packaging plant, but at least somebody's looking into it. This excerpt is interesting:
2002 through 2010 saw zero occurrences of SAMS, Stingers, or MANPADS in general. Within months after delivering weapons to the Benghazi and Darnah rebels (May, June and July 2011) we began facing MANPADS in Afghanistan.
Here's someone saying the "Innocence of Muslims" film was produced by John Brennan's Analysis Corporation. That's John Brennan as in head-of-the-CIA John Brennan. They also say the filmmaker was a meth dealer who had been recruited as a DoJ asset in 2010, and that the film was shown as "The Innocence of Bin Laden" and marketed to the local Arab community of Los Angeles in mid-2012. This reminds me of Walid Shoebat's claims, mentioned earlier.
Petraeus's mistress Paula Broadwell leaked that the CIA was holding prisoners at the Benghazi annex during the fight. In possibly related news, The DoJ is currently pressing felony charges against Petraeus.
The CIA delivered anti-tank TOW missiles to the "moderate" group Harakat Hazm in Syria. That's a group I've never heard of and I can't find anything else about them on the web except for this anonymous letter to Daniel Pipes.
I wanted to bring to your attention a new terrorist and criminal salafist movment and it is called harakat hazimuun...
They are the personal army of Egyptian sheikh Hazim Abu Ismail. A supposed Libyan intelligence document names Abu Ismail as among the leaders of the September 11 attack on Benghazi.
Danny Casolaro and the Octopus: an investigative reporter "commits suicide" while investigating Iran-Contra. The internet conspiracy theorists have had a great deal of fun with this one over the years. In all the reporting out there, there is one allegation that has never been further developed: "The group had come together over a covert operation to invade Albania that was betrayed by famed British turncoat Kim Philby."
The "very important subject" discussed for almost six hours by Bush with his core national security team would likely have been the CIA's action the day before placing four wanted Al-Qaeda terrorists on the "watchlist" of persons to be detained if located in the US. On August 23 the Agency sent "cables to the State Department, the FBI, and the Immigration and Naturalization Service, requesting that 'four bin Laden related individuals' including Almidhar and Alhazmi, be placed on the watchlist." (Washington Post, A8, September 21, 2002) Two of those - Khalid Almidhar and Nawaf Alhazmi - subsequently led the hijacking of American Airlines Flight 77 that slammed into the Pentagon.
According to author Lawrence Wright, on this day there is a conference call between FBI field agent Steve Bongardt, FBI headquarters agent Dina Corsi, and a CIA supervisor at Alec Station, the CIA’s bin Laden unit, who tells Bongardt to stand down in the search for future 9/11 hijacker Khalid Almihdhar.Either somebody is lying or this is grounds for an investigation into a LIHOP scenario involving an AQ mole in the CIA blocking the transfer of information. With this involving the FBI and CIA, I side with "somebody is lying".
- According to Daniel Hopsicker, A rumour going around New Orleans twenty years ago held that Barry Seal flew the getaway plane for the JFK assassins. This makes the significant assumptions that there was a getaway plane and other assassins. A little-known fact that should be the cause of much conspiracy theorizing is that Lee Harvey Oswald was from a Mafia family.
- Patrick Byrne alleges that the Democratic Leadership Council and the Progressive Policy Institute are both run by the Genovese Mafia. I couldn't find any supporting source on this.
- Rodney Stich claims the FBI covered up information about al-Qaeda to protect a New York FBI agent from prosecution for his mafia connecions. An FBI agent matching that description, Lindley DeVecchio, was charged with murder in 2006 but the charges were dropped the next year.
- The "Boston Brakes" assassination technique alleged to have been used in the death of Michael Kinsley comes from a work of fiction by way of a a conspiracy-monger with no sourcing. That is not to say it doesn't exist; it's certainly technically possible and I'm sure work started on making it real once the idea went around the web.